Most of my life I've struggled with fear.
Not a pretty thing to admit, but it's the truth.
So it's pretty laughable that God would make me the mother of a little girl who is the epitome of fearless. She's the child who takes on the biggest slide at the park and climbs the highest thing she can find. I find myself in this crazy dance of trying to keep her safe without squashing her fearlessness.
As I watch my littlest baby girl tackle big things without flinching, it's challenging me in ways I'd never imagined. I see her taking on things I think are too big for her with thoughtful calculation. I know I can do this to--if I use the same thoughtful calculation. I now find myself praying for things that I think are too big and grand because truly, our fear is only as big as we make it out to be.
Grateful to be the channel that this fearless girl came through. Thankful for the fearlessness she's inspiring in me. And still counting down God's gifts to me:
111. Sleeping in past 7:00 a.m.
112. Celebrating two years with this little girl of mine.
113. Sunday afternoon at the park with three happy kids.
115. Finally meeting my long-time blog friend over dessert while she was in California last week.
116. Slipping a dollar under my six year old's pillow...another tooth lost.
117. Caretakers who genuinely care for my babies.
118. Shaved ice over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
119. Long distance phone calls from loved ones.
120. Reaching another year lived and
121. Grateful for health and strength.
122. A short 15-minute commute to work.
123. An encouragement to go deeper in prayer.
124. A birthday shopping trip courtesy of my husband
125. Which turned into a day to myself.
126. Floors swept clean and mopped too.
127. The sound of the UPS truck delivering goodies.
128. A little sister walking through the house calling for her brothers.
129. Staying up late because the book is that good.
120. The honor of cooking meals for my family.