I'll make a list of God's gracious dealings, all the things God has done that need praising. Isaiah 63:7 (MSG)
Shortly after Christmas, one of the boys got an attitude because I wouldn't buy something for him at Target. It upset me that he just received all his heart's desire and still wasn't content.
How often has that been me? Given so many good things and still pouting about that one thing I don't have. Oh Lord, help my own discontent heart. It's in the remembering of all that has been given to me that I realize just how blessed I am.
Some of God's gracious dealings to me:
256. Compassion lavished.
257. Love extravagant.
258. The quiet whisper of the Holy Spirit.
259. Being thought of.
260. Unexpected gifts from kind coworkers.
261. Hope that keeps rising to the surface.
262. Sweets baking in the oven.
263. Jesus becoming my savior in all my troubles.
264. Friendly neighbors.
265. Smiling strangers.
266. Praise songs sung by my seven year old.
267. And scriptures hidden in the heart of my 11 year old son.
268. Playing "dollhouse" with my baby girl.
269. Time spent with my mother.
270. A generous bonus at work.
271. Groceries packed into the car.
272. Good laughs with good friends.
273. Letters in the mail from faraway friends.
274. Knowing smiles.
275. Lingering hugs.
276. Hot cups of tea on chilly mornings.
277. A sermon preached just for me.
278. "My soul longs and even faints for the courts of the Lord."
279. Grace and glory from above.
280. No good thing being withheld when I seek God's face.